Wednesday 18 November 2015

Choices, Choices, Choices......



Hey There Friends,

Today I have a Midweek Motivation for you! Its been a while since I have done one these I admit, But I got you covered this week!! Today I want to talk about choices. In the modern world we live in it gets easier and easier to do the things we love and stay connected with the people we love. We are all aware of this. This is not ground breaking news and no ones going to read this opening paragraph and go huh I never knew that. However these are not the choices I am talking about today.

Today I want focus on the little choices we make everyday. All the decisions and choices that lead to the bigger things. With every new day springs a whole host of new decisions and choices... What to do today? What to eat? Who to spend the day with? What to I do that will benefit me the most? 

Recently I have noticed that I have a tendency to make big long term plans but not make little short term ones leading up to it in order to achieve the long term ones... I hope I am making sense here and you are still with me. For example I want to travel.. a few problems with this plan.. work.. money.. passport out of date... just to name a few. So now I have decided to that each week I would make a small goal of saving & to do something productive to get me closer to that holiday.

While thinking about this new strategy it got me thinking "What about the choices we make everyday without even thinking about it?" Where we choose to work? Who we put our time and effort into? " We do all that without thinking! I like to think of the episode in How I Met Your Mother (I am sure I have mentioned this before in a past post) Its call the Lucky Penny. Its where Ted has an important job interview in Chicago and misses his flight and it can all be traced back to finding a penny on the Subway. I love this episode for 2 reasons - #1 Is the reason I have mentioned it in the past which is that Its funny how the universe seems to have a plan and something you did a week ago or even longer can have a ripple effect and affect something in your future (If you would like to read that post you can just click on the link here - The Universe Has a Plan Right?) but #2 I also love it because it reminds you that every choice however insignificant it may seem can alter your future. 


Ted picked up a penny on the Subway and ended up missing an important meeting a week later... more complicated than that but if you have seen the episode you will know what I am talking about. So this is my message today - Everyone has a choice to be who they want to be! Everyday! So many choices that sometimes we forget we even have them. They are all mixed into our daily life and it is only when they are big and asked directly we don't recognise them. Of course we have many things that have to be done but it does not mean we cant incorporate other things into our life which are just for us no?



Take a minute and think, are you happy? if not, why not? whats making you anxious or sad? What could you change? Even something small just to incorporate into your life. You never know the smallest change you make might be the biggest one!!

When you make any choice remember who you are! Remember what you want! Dont ever sacrifice your own Personality, Being, Self worth, Goals or Morals for something or someone who is not worth it long term. Remember your word is your honor... so choose wisely my friends.       



Have you made any choices or changes recently in life?
Have you seen any benefits by doing so?




Previous Posts - 




Have you checked out my Beauty Blog? - Beauty La Linda - MUA
Previous Posts - 
        




Thank You For Reading
xox




No comments:

Post a Comment