Monday 5 January 2015

2015 - Goals and Resolutions!


Well Hello There,

First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!! and welcome to my first post of 2015!

I thought for my first post I would tell you guys all about my goals / resolutions for the new year. generally I never really believe in resolutions because I think they put pressure on you and ultimately make you feel bad at the end of the year if they havent been achieved but I think having goals is always a good thing to keep you motivated! whats the difference you say!? well for me I always associate resolutions with what I should do.....I should get healthier? I should learn this? Be more organised? save more? where as year round goals are made up of things I want to do..... I want to get healthier.... I want to save more..... I want to be more organised which automatically makes them seem more achievable for me. Its psycology more than anything else but I think if people make 'resolutions' more about what they want for the coming year and not about what they feel is expected of them then they would have more chance of achieving them as they would feel more motivated and less afraid of failure. Remember 'If at first you dont succeed.....theres always tequila' Im joking but I just mean theres always next year. At the end of the day whatever your goals or resolutions may be just have fun and enjoy whatever 2015 may bring!

Here are my goals and resolutions for 2015



Blogging and YouTubing

I love blogging but unfortunately my YouTube channel has been somewhat lacking in activity in previous months this has been for many reasons but in 2015 my plan is to make it bigger and better than ever. I have so many ideas and I cant wait to get the ball rolling. It may not happen immediately but it is all in the pipeline I promise. I also plan on organising my time better for more regular and consistent uploading both on channel and blogs!

Make the change / Be the change

I know it sounds really cliche but I have always been a believer that if you are unhappy with something your life than change it (depending on situation and within reason of course) but I dont see why anyone should have to put up with and live with a situation they are not happy with. Here I am not talking about anything specifically but in recent years I have forgotten to take chances and make changes and unfortunately when you have anxiety prospect of change makes you anxious so you tend to avoid it. Well this year when I feel anxious about something that I shouldn't be fearful about I am going to make the change  ~ Your choices should be based on logic, reason want and excitement, not fear ~

Saving

I want to save more so I can do more... Like travel and have more experiences. I am a fashion and beauty product hoarder and proud. I enjoy it!! but I think if I saved a bit more I would be able to enjoy more experiances and memories and honestly you cant put a price on that. Well airlines, hotels and shops give it a good go but the memories would be priceless. Also I think it would be nice to have a bit of savings so that if the mood took I could do something just because...  

Travel (Get on a plane)

This ties in with saving. This year I want to get back to traveling. Its been a long time since I was out of the country. When I was younger I never knew what I wanted to do when I grew up but I knew I wanted to travel the world. A whole lifetime (even if you live to be 100) is only a blink of an eye and why not see everything this beautiful planet has to offer. One of my lifetime goals has always been to see most mysterious, historical and great wonders of the world.These include


  • The Great Wall of China
  • Taj Mahal
  • Empire State Building
  • Golden Gate Bridge
  • The Great Barrier Reef
  • Pyrimids of Giza
  • The Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights
  • Lapland
  • Grand Canyon
  • Nevada Strip
  • Leaning tower of Piza 
  • Venice
The list goes on & on but like I said thats a lifetime goal.....Rome wasnt built in a day!! Rome is actually one of my favourite places in the world... Italy in general I have been their a couple of times but I have to back as I was unable at the time to get to The Vatican City and I really want see the story of creation by Micheal Angelo. I have seen the Mona Lisa though and that was also on my list. Anyway after all that ramble the reason that this a goal this year is , in the past I used to love travel , I used to love being on a plane , train , car ..... not bus for long travel but you name it I was the best traveller. Nothing phased me. Now since I developed anxiety I cant even look at a plane without feeling wierd! Its really thrown a spanner into the works. How can I travel the world and not get on a plane. But this year Im not going to hide anymore. I couldnt get on a bus in the begining and I can do that now so now its time to take on the big one.....

Read more 

I miss reading. I never seem to find the time. but thinking about it logically if I can find an hour to watch Teen Mom or Keeping up with the Kardashians then surely I can find a half an hour to read some of a book? Well this year I am going to make more of a conscious effort to read and Im starting with the new book I just purchased 2 days ago 'Girl Online' by Zoe Sugg

Pass my driving test

Ive got the ball rolling with the driving and got myself a car so next step is to pass the driving test! Scary but I can do it! Like everything else its just practice practice practice!


Gymming

Again I made my start in 2014 but I want to continue so I can feel better and better. Plus some of the classes are so much fun which is doubled if you take a friend!!



So they are my goals / resolutions for 2015. Hopefully I will achieve them all but if I dont ...... There's always Tequila! hah! One Last thing remember when your making your resolutions make them achievable. What I mean by this is that there is no point in planning to lose weight go to the gym 8 hours a day for a month and then burn yourself out. Start small and work way up (as with everything - just like my little blog) and you will surprised with the results!!



Do you have any Goals / Resolutions this year??



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Thank You Reading 
 xox





No comments:

Post a Comment